Simply Enjoy Life.
It’s September already! Time flies by so quickly~
First off, I would love to give a huge thank you to Elizabeth from clothestoyouuu for nominating me for the Sunshine Awards! This is my first ever nomination, and I am excited to partake in this questionnaire. I know it’s been awhile since I blogged…so without further delay, let’s get right to it!
1. What did you aspire to be when you were younger?
I am a dreamer, and my mind was filled with lots of dreams of what I want to be/become when I was young. From firefighter to flight attendant, flight attendant to teacher, and from teacher to cafe owner. I have to admit, most of these aspirations revolved around tv shows/dramas/movies. I mean, don’t you agree media makes life in the office, school, or work a lot more interesting and fun? Anyways, as I grew older, these dreamy paths were crossed out. However, one aspiration remained the same throughout these years is…being a girl in the car world. Not sure if I will play a direct role (have a mod car of my dreams) or be a photographer (to capture the thrilling moments). So for now, I plan on continuing to improve my photography skills and maybe down the line do something with that hobby. As for being a cafe owner, I haven’t crossed that one yet! Still aspired to be one in the future!
2. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
Greatest achievement? I can’t think of any right now, but if it were to be based off of accomplishments and choices, I would have to say…choosing to go to the university I went to and pursuing photography.
Nothing can erase the memories made at my university. It was not just a place to earn a degree, but it is also a place where life-long friends are found. In my junior year, I joined Epic Movement (a Christian organization). This is one of the best choices I made in my life. There I met wonderful people who are driven by the same purpose and values. We were small enough of a group that everyone knew each other closely…like family! We looked out for one another, and help strengthen our walks with Christ and with each other (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12). Here I found wonderful friends, lovely sisters, and crazy brothers. Till this day, I am still strongly connected with my Epic friends…and that is one thing I will treasure for the rest of my life. “In all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:6).
As for photography…I always had an interest in this field. Memories are very dear to me, and so I try to capture as much as I can. From there, I started to develop more of an interest in taking pictures. I am glad I chose to continue photography.
3. Who takes the majority of your photos?
I would have to say, my family. I guess artsy (photography-genic) skills runs in our blood! They do take better portraits photos than I do (I’m learning tho!) xD I am also blessed to have friends with exceptional photography skills. They take pictures for me that exceeds my expectations. (thank you!) Being a photographer, I am a bit picky when it comes to how I want my photos to come out.
1st photoshoot: My friend, who was my roommate conducted my very own graduation photoshoot! She is such a sweetheart who is selfless and caring…there is so much compliments I could say about her. She openly offered to take pictures for me (the shoot lasted about 4 hours!) and styled my hair and makeup…everything was perfect!
4. What would you say is the biggest challenge about blogging?
Boy oh boy…I fall victim to inconsistency. For the past few months, life out of blogging has been a bit hectic schedule-wise. So with that settled down now, work is being a big factor for me. After work, I come home tired. Weekends have been busy too. So making time for blogging has been difficult (but I’m consistent with Instagram! go check it out @lepetittato if you haven’t…WARNING: you might get hungry!) However, once my job settles down, I hope to regularly post at a consistent basis. Another reason why I don’t frequently post is because I don’t like to publish posts that I end up not liking after drafting. If it’s not good, I rather scratch it out and find new and fresh ideas.
5. How would you describe your personal style?
Simple x Casual x Comfort. To help paint a better picture of what I mean, here are 3 looks:
- Everyday look: H&M black skinny jeans + tshirts. I resort to sneakers or sandals as my footwear. Makeup consists of concealer, soft pencil eyeliner, filled-in brows, and lip balm.
- Go out with friends: Still skinnies, but I might reside to nicer tops and sandals. Everything is the same for makeup except I may add in either my gel/liquid eyeliner for a slight wing. Gotta have that wing! A bit of bronzer, blush, and tinted lip balm might be involved.
- Night out: I would dress more classy, yet simple (solid colors). Changes in makeup here would be darker eyeshadow and liquid eyeliner for a slight smokey cat eye effect and lipstick.
What connects these 3 looks is that they are simple, comfortable, and reflective of myself. I like to color match my outfits with my handbags. Simple and Chic, meet with a spice of Tomboy edginess.
6. Is there a person who is a fashion inspiration to you? If so, who is this style icon, and why do they inspire you?
I am a fan of the Korean trend. Most of my fashion sense comes from Korea dramas. A few examples would be from Gentlemen’s Dignity and Trot Lovers.
But as an style icon, I would say…Yoona from Girl’s Generation. Her style is simple…from makeup to fashion to her sweet personality. Love this girl!
7. What would you say is your greatest satisfaction about being a blogger?
I’m still beginner in the blogger world, but I find great joy in just sharing. I would say my greatest satisfaction is when I hear people taking advices/tips from my blog. Hearing people thoughts and ideas in what they think of my blog helps me understand what improvements should be made to make this blog cater to them while still expressing myself. So any advices are welcome! Thank you for everyone’s support. Hearing that people read my posts encourages me to write more and continue to publish different posts. So again thank you!
And the Nominations goes to…
I hope you all will find this a fun activity and participate!
Questions (some are derived from the previous questions asked):
- When/Why did you start blogging?
- If you can travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
- What did you aspire to be when you were younger?
- Describe your personal style.
- Any favorite food/cuisine?
- Hobbies outside of blogging?
- What would you say your greatest satisfaction about being a blogger?
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate a few other bloggers
- Ask the same amount of questions for those bloggers to answer
- Notify those bloggers of their nomination
- Post the award on the blog
Thank you, everyone for your support! Happy blogging! ^^